Sign in to follow this  
jweisbin

Client version 13.5 does not see mounted volumes

Recently updated from 13.0.1 to 13.5. I have one client for his mounted volumes used to show up but now appear with the missing "~" mark. I tried to refresh, no change. Then I deleted to source and set it up again, and now Retrospect only sees the boot volume. How to fix?

It sounds like the issue is with the client computer.

My first thought is that the client may have added the non-boot volumes to the Privacy list in client preferences, which would make them invisible to the backup computer if the "Allow clients to exclude items from backups" option is selected on the backup computer.

If that is not the case, I'd try uninstalling the client software, deleting the file "retroclient.state" from /Library/Preferences if it exists, and then reinstalling the client software.

If that is not the case, I'd try uninstalling the client software, deleting the file "retroclient.state" from /Library/Preferences if it exists, and then reinstalling the client software.

Uninstall and reinstall worked. Apparently, the latest uninstaller deletes retroclient.state on its own.