Increased RAID capacity - any way to use in existing disk backup set?

I have just added an addtional 3TB capacity to my backup server's RAID array, and would like to use the extra capacity to increase the size of my client PC disk backup set.  Unfortunately because retrospect only recognises the size of the disk from when the backup set was originally made, I don't see a way to increase the maximum size for this existing backup set even though the RAID array now has bags of space.  Is there a way to do this, or do I need to delete the existing disk backup set and start with a new backup set afresh?  I would rather not do this as there is a lot of backed up data already there.  Any help would be much appreciated!  (I'm using Retrospect Multi-Server 10.5.0.110 (64 bit).

Go to Configure > Backup Sets.

In the dialog that opens select the Backup Set you want to resize then click the Properties... button.

In the dialog that opens click the Members tab. Select the Member you want to resize the click the Properties button.

In the dialog that opens use either of the Use at most boxes to enter the new size for that member. Click the OK button to apply the change.

• Like 1

That is odd. I don't remember having any problems when increasing the RAID size a few years back. But it wasn't version 10 back then.

I've found that it depends how you set the member size — either initially or subsequently.

If you set the size using a specific size in GB (e.g. 600GB) then the size will always be that regardless of the underlying volume size. 

If you set the size using a specific size in % (e.g. 20%) then the size will always be that percentage of the underlying volume.

Setting the size as a percentage of the underlying volume can cause problems if you move the member to a smaller volume because the member size will then become smaller because of the underlying volume is now smaller.

• Like 1

Scillonian, you are of course right. Re-reading the original question, I think Alex didn't find where to set the size. (I thought he found where to change but was unable to change because Retrospect refused to see the new disk size.)

I don't remember if I set size in percent or in GB. It looks like Alex set the size in GB. :)

Thanks everyone for your help!  It turns out what I needed to do was to get Retrospect to recognise the increased disk capacity by opening up the Property panel of the Members tab of the backup set I wanted to resize, and then pointing to the backup data folder location again.  Once this was done, Retrospect knew the new size of the disk, and everything went as expected.  Thanks again.