Retro 11 Win - "Retrospect is already in use. Another user on this computer ..."

x509

I seem to get this message a lot when I try to start up Retrospect. Again, Retrospect 11 Professional. I didn't get this message when I was using V 7.7.

So, who is this "other user?"  Not leaping to any conclusions here.

Phil

• Like 1

When Retrospect Autolaunches, the program opens under the System account. Under Windows Vista or later, Windows will not allow the currently logged in user to view programs running under user accounts that are different from the currently logged in user account. Because of this, you are unable to view the Retrospect user interface when the program automatically opens for a scheduled backup. If Retrospect autolaunches, you can use the Retrospect Dashboard utility to close the Retrospect.exe process so that you can manually reopen Retrospect

The best workaround is to manually open Retrospect and leaving it running prior to a scheduled backup operation. This will give you full access to the user interface so that you can view what Retrospect is doing and troubleshoot any issues that may come up during a backup, such as a media request dialog box.

• Like 1

When Retrospect Autolaunches, the program opens under the System account. Under Windows Vista or later, Windows will not allow the currently logged in user to view programs running under user accounts that are different from the currently logged in user account. Because of this, you are unable to view the Retrospect user interface when the program automatically opens for a scheduled backup. If Retrospect autolaunches, you can use the Retrospect Dashboard utility to close the Retrospect.exe process so that you can manually reopen Retrospect

The best workaround is to manually open Retrospect and leaving it running prior to a scheduled backup operation. This will give you full access to the user interface so that you can view what Retrospect is doing and troubleshoot any issues that may come up during a backup, such as a media request dialog box.

Thank you.  I tried out the Dashboard .exe and it worked as you described.  Appreciated.

• 3 months later...