fredturner

Grooming keeps reverting to Storage-optimized in v13

I'm trying to enable the Performance-optimized grooming in v13, but each time I select that under Media Sets > Options, click Save, then click away and come back, it has reverted to Storage-optimized. Is there a trick to this? Does the set need to be recycled? Catalog compression turned off? Some other setting done/undone?

Thx,

Fred

• Like 2

Was this a media set created in version 13 or one created in an older version?

Have you tried doing a catalog rebuild?

Was this a media set created in version 13 or one created in an older version?

Have you tried doing a catalog rebuild?

These sets were created in an earlier version. I believe I have already rebuilt 1 of the 3 sets, but I could be mistaken. I am doing a full rebuild on Set C right now and will see what I get once that's done.

Thx,

Fred

Rebuilding the set didn't matter. I can click on the set, choose "Performance-optimized grooming" from the menu, click Save, then click on another set and click back, and it has reverted back to Storage-optimized instead. I changed back to Performance-optimized again and started a grooming operation, but the log says "optimizing for storage..."

I've reported this as well.    I'm not sure if it's a glitch in the grooming log code or not.    

I still have one old set that is set for storage, but when I groom it is says optimizing for performance.

I have not rebuilt that catalog as I'm phasing it out for a newer media set anyway.