User "SYSTEM" has restricted NTFS rights for "TI106426W0A (C:)

notla0782

Thanks for the system information.

Let us have a look at what permissions SYSTEM has on the Toshiba laptop for the following two files:

File "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb": can't read, error -1017 (insufficient permissions)

File "C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack\SOFTWARE": can't read, error -1017 (insufficient permissions)

Navigate to the files in Windows Explorer and right click on them and select 'Properties'. On the 'Security' tab select 'SYSTEM' under 'Group or user names:' then under 'Permissions for SYSTEM' there should be check marks under 'Allow' for all entries except 'Special Permissions' which should be blank.

Below are links to two screen captures for the two files on one of my systems running Windows 10 Pro:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=64C0D6294A56F2BA!2608&authkey=!AFdUpzEx_S9-pIs&v=3&ithint=photo%2cjpg

https://onedrive.live.com/embed?cid=64C0D6294A56F2BA&resid=64C0D6294A56F2BA%212609&authkey=ADqcXp-KgiB89VI

(Sorry they are not embedding but I have spent over an hour trying to using various browsers and options without success.)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Once again, I want to apologize for my delayed response. Please know that I appreciate your help and expertise in this matter.

I looked at the security permissions for both files. There were check marks under 'Allow' for all entries except 'Special Permissions' which was blank. I have a question...would the fact that I sign in to Windows using my Microsoft account rather than the local windows account make a difference? For tonight's backup, I have signed in to Windows using my local windows account as administer. I will post the log afterwards.