Windows client with Windows Deduplication not matching

I have Retrospect 12.5 Mac server backing up a Windows 2012 R2 client that uses Windows data deduplication. 

When I backup a directory containing 200GB, each time I launch the script that directory gets backed up all over again.

My matching settings are turned on in the script - and all other sources in the script match just fine, it's only the windows 2012 r2 client that has the windows data deduplication feature running where the matching doesn't work as expected.

No the directory doesn't have any changing data.  It's just a directory of photos saved from my iPhone early last year.  The files aren't changing - if something is changing it is block info related to windows dedupe. I'm using this directory as an example, because the server volume is 12TB and it doesn't match any of it - my backup media set is now up to 40TB because of this problem.  I backed up once, on retrospect version 11, then ran the script a 2nd time, and it seemed to backup everything again, so I upgraded to version 12.5 (and upgraded the windows client) and ran it a third time, and everything backed up yet again... so I started testing with this single directory until I get it straightened out.

I may be on to something!  I connected the Retrospect server and the Windows 2012 client server to the same switch and my test folder is now matching as expected.  I'm doing a bigger data set now, a folder that contains 2.8TB.  So perhaps the issue was network related.  Incidentally, the larger folder has a ton of duplicate data in it - for example it has a "Laptop backup Nov. 2015" folder, and a "Laptop Backup Jan. 2016" folder that are almost identical.  How will Retrospect matching handle that if they are both backed up in the initial backup job, under the same source?  Is there any data to match against for that initial run or will it copy and consume all the data from both nearly identical folders.