Win 7. Upgraded to SSD. Now "Volume OS is unavailable"

lhlo

I upgraded the Win 7 Pro system HD to an SSD.

I previously (i.e. earlier today when I discovered backups weren't happening for the past week - since the drive upgrade) found that, after the drive upgrade, the System Restore showed I had two C drives (One was "missing" - presumably because there were retained restore points that are locked to the HD thatw as removed). Anyway, that was removed so it shows just one C drive now.

In Retrospect, I try to manually run an existing script and get the error "Volume OS is not available". How can I get Retrospect to see the new drive as the same drive it has been backing up for years and just continue on?

I note that  if I edit the script and click on Sources, the popup shows "OS (C:)"

When I click on Add, the Source Selection window shows:

Local Disk (C:)

OS (C:)

OS (C:)

<and other things such as flash drives, external drives>

Expanding Local Disk (C:) shows just two folders

Doprocess

TCWin (both of which a re related to the same software)

The first OS (C:) expands to what appears to be the full drive contents

The second OS (C:) expands solely to

So, how do I reconnect Retrospect to the new hard drive and continue incremental backups??

Thank you.

From the top of my head (as I no longer run the Windows version):

Go into Configure-->Volumes and "forget" both C: drives.

Go into scripts and modify your script by adding the (only) C: drive you can now see there.

Thanks, Lennart.  After "forgetting" the C drives and then re-adding, should I expect Retrospect to pick up where it left off in terms of incremental backups. Or will it be starting fresh - i.e. no history and a full backup will occur?

Assuming you still run the same version of Windows, it will pick up where it left off.

If you have upgraded from (for instance) Windows 7 to (for instance) Windows 10, you will find that the meta data for the files have changed and they will be backed up again.

• Like 1