Retrospect 11 - Cannot Create Recovery Disc

bpmhutch

Were you trying to create an ISO image or a USB media?

If you were trying to create an ISO image were trying to change the filename to something other that 'Disaster Recovery.iso'? If I tried to change the filename I would get this error but if I left it at the default it would complete without error.

Just tried again and still no luck. Saving the ISO file fails on Error 0 and creating a bootable USB stick says it has successfully completed but there is nothing on the stick. I'll try my laptop and see if that does it where my desktop fails. Thanks for your help.

Pete

• 4 months later...

I recently upgraded to Retrospect 11 for Windows Desktop.  After upgrading, I got the same error as you when trying to create an Emergency Repair disc (to DVD).  The workaround that worked for me was to run Retrospect as Administrator (even though when I got the error I was logged onto an account with admin. privileges...go figure).

I recently upgraded to Retrospect 11 from 10.  For disaster recovery  purposes, I tried to create a bootable flash drive using Retrospect's "Disaster Recovery" option.  Unfortunately, when I select "Create a bootable flash drive" (using an brand new SanDisk Extreme 64 GB), Retrospect runs and says it's putting several (14+) files to somewhere, but the flash drive is EMPTY! even though Retrospect says it has successfully completed the operation.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?