Error 1001 (Unknown Windows OS Error)

meld51

Hello,

I have been running Retrospect 9.5.3.103 for some time with Windows 10. Recently I had some problems with W10 which required me to perform a factory reset of my PC and I had to reinstall all the software.

I came to the point where I wanted to rebuild the catalogue file for a backup set on a NAS drive.

Unfortunately Retrospect was unable to get to this drive. It came up with "Error scanning network, error -1001 (Unknown Windows OS Error). The NAS drive is clearly accessible via Windows Explorer.

Can anyone throw some light on this? How do I solve this problem?

Check the drivers for the NIC are the latest available from the manufacturer. The generic drivers supplied by Microsoft with Windows 10 are not necessarily the best available. Retrospect can put a heavy load on network resources and will soon find any weaknesses.

Additionally check the Windows Event Logs to see if the are any errors recorded around the time Retrospect reported the error and see if they give any indication of what the problem.

Thanks,

I have updated the driver to the latest from the manufacturer (Realtek). The problem still arises.

I have Checked the event log. There is nothing to indicate a related issue.

I have updates the NAS drivers

Interestingly, if I take a look at the Retrospect Volumes Database, the NAS is visible to Retrospect. 

Is there anything else I can try?