Email fails when Retrospect 10 is running in the background on Windows 10

rjj45

I recently upgraded my home workstation to Windows 10. At that time I also upgraded Retrospect to Retrospect 10.5 (Desktop version). The backups are working correctly to backup my workstation and the 2 other workstations that I have in my network (one running Windows 8.1, the other Windows 10).

The one problem that I am seeing is that email fails with the following error:

"E-mail notification failed: error -535 (backup client: network unavailable)".

This error only occurs when retrospect is running in the back ground (ie. started by the Retrospect launcher). If you open Retrospect from the desktop, the scheduled scripts run at the correct time and the email is sent when the script completes. This tells me that the email setup is correct, but there is something that is not correct when it is running in the background. I cannot find anything in the event log or anywhere else that explains more than the above error message. I suspect there is a resource access problem, so I'm hoping somebody can point me in the proper direction.

Thanks in advance for any help.

One other note: I have tried running the retrospect services as the SYSTEM user and also as an admin user. The jobs run correctly with either user, but the email fails the same way for both users.