Archive 34 gb to LTO-5 then new member required - trial version 10

afripp

Hi,

I'm trying out version 10.

I'm trying to archive approximately 550gb of data using "Tools->Archive Files".  The destination is a "Backup set" containing a single LTO-5 cartridge.

Every time the process gets as far as about 34GB I'm prompted to add new a new "Member" to the "Backup set".

It is an LTO-5 cartridge so able to store around 1.6TB uncompressed so what is going on?

Is this a limitation of the trial version?

Help please.

Andy

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. Here is some more information:

I'm running Retrospect version 10.5 under Windows 7 Ultimate on an HP Z620 workstation.  The tape drive is an HP StorageWorks Ultrium 3000 with a new HP LTO-5 cartridge connected via a LSI 9200-8e HBA.

I created  a "Backup Set" and added a single tape.

I then ran "Tools->Archive Files"

The source is a single volume (a whole Windows drive corresponding to a partition on an internal SATA drive).

It contains mostly audio and video files. The total job is 9746 files, 533.4 GB.

After 34.1GB (around half way through a sub-folder containing 1321 files) Retrospect stops and rewinds to perform verification, which succeeds.

Then I get a "Please select a new tape..." dialog box.

I've tried several times and each time exactly the same thing happens - it gives up at 34.1GB.

The log simply shows that the user stopped the process, because I cancel it at the point I'm asked for another tape.

I'm guessing that that Retrospect thinks the tape has reached capacity when in fact it is no where near capacity.

If I select "Properties" on the backup set member tape I get

HP Ultrium Gen 5 DC

Vendor: HP

Product: Ultrium 5-SCSI

Revision: Z6ED

Cleaning interval: Not specified

Last known cleaning:

Media: 1-PROJECTS 1 Jan 2016

Created: 31 January 2016, 23:41:42

Format: U-516, DC

Attributes: M Backup Set member

Tape Alert: Disabled

Also, if I look at the Options tab in the Backup Set properties and click the "Capacity" button, it displays "(automatic)".

I'm hoping Retrospect is going to work for me but I'm not having much luck so far.

Any more ideas?