New to Retrospect

Hello to the community,

I've just downloaded "Retrospect". In the .dmg there are two folders. One with the .app and the other one with the client.

I suppose that the -app refers to the console and the client, well that's self-explainatory.

I would like some advice as to where to install the console. My set up is the following. I have two Macs and one RaspberryPI. I would like to backup all those machines to a NAS.

1) Mac Mini with Mac OS X Server that I use as a file server and more in the future. Constantly awake.

2) MacBook Pro that I use for daily computing.

3) RaspberryPi that I use to familiar my self with Linux. Very interesting little machine, by the way.

Thank you for your advices and I wish you an excellent year 2016.

Since you run a server OS, you must buy (at least) the single server version of Retrospect and it must be installed on the computer that runs the server OS. In your case, the Mini.

The single server version of Retrospect is much more expensive than the desktop version. The desktop version will not backup any server OS.