Retro Client 12.5.0.111 Not turning on

just did a clean install of Retrospect 12.5.0.111 (computer was wiped and a fresh copy of Yosemite was installed and updated).

The client will not turn on at all. I have removed everything and tried reinstalls several times on 2 different profiles on the machine. I used the removal tool as well as doing it manually (deleting all preferences, etc). Nothing is working at all.

One thing to note:  I noticed when removing the app manually that there is no "retroclient.state" in the library/preferences folder. I am new to Retro 12 (upgraded from 9), so I didn't know if that was still being used or not.

Any suggestions on where to go next?

Client version 12.5 still uses retroclient.state. It does take a short while after the client installation completes before the client preference pane indicates that the client is ready for login, but the file retroclient.state should be created immediately, even when the preference pane still indicates that the client is off.

Are you using a keypair or password for client authentication? During the installation process, do you see the appropriate window (either notification of keypair use or request for password)?

Have you successfully used this exact same client installer on any other computer? If not, it might be worthwhile to re-export the client installer, just in the unlikely case that something got corrupted during the original extraction.

it is asking for admin password so I am assuming it does have rights to install the retroclient.state. I also ran disk permissions as well

Good thinking about the client installer. All the other clients I have done so far have been upgrading via the .rcu file. I'll re-download the installer and see if that works.

Thanks for the help!

Client version 12.5 still uses retroclient.state. It does take a short while after the client installation completes before the client preference pane indicates that the client is ready for login, but the file retroclient.state should be created immediately, even when the preference pane still indicates that the client is off.

Are you using a keypair or password for client authentication? During the installation process, do you see the appropriate window (either notification of keypair use or request for password)?

Have you successfully used this exact same client installer on any other computer? If not, it might be worthwhile to re-export the client installer, just in the unlikely case that something got corrupted during the original extraction.