Run one script after another automatically without scheduling?

jjevans

Ok so Desktop only has one execution unit, (Server version has up to 8 )  so you can skip that step.

Schedule your jobs for a short time apart, eg 1 minute, just to get them in the right order.

Do you have a "Waiting" tab on your Monitoring WIndow? You should see the jobs queued up in there

I've never actually used Desktop so there may be some other more subtle differences.

My scheme works on the Server version.

JaTraGo's scheduling technique works on Retrospect Desktop (and the previous Professional).

Besides only having only one execution unit, Desktop does not run on any server OS and will not allow any clients to be a server OS. Also Desktop does ot support the automatic discovery and addition of clients. Proactive Backup was not available on Desktop/Professional before 8.0 on Windows.

• 1 month later...

Windows 10 Prof RTM. Retrospect Desktop 10.5.0.110.

I have used the "sequential scheduling" method for several years, in particular to do a Backup, then a Duplicate (of the catalog files) where the Duplicate is scheduled to be run some minutes after the Backup is scheduled. Usually it works OK, but sometimes the Duplicate fails because Retrospect seems not to have closed the relevant Backup catalog file before starting the Duplicate so it complains 'File  "... Catalog Files\xxx.rbc": appears incomplete', where xxx is a catalog file to be duplicated. Waiting and re-running the Duplicate later works without Retrospect complaining.