Retrospect 12.0.2 logging changed

Hello all,

I just upgraded 12.0 to 12.0.2 yesterday, and I noticed that the logging is very different - instead of showing all of the execution errors the log truncates them with "and 19 others" etc. I review my logs daily and sometimes take action when I see certain files listed there. How can I view the entire log? Also, there is no summary line with "33 execution errors" etc. at the end of a client backup. Can I get that back somehow? I don't see any new options in the console for 'view full log' etc?

Thanks

-Derek

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I work pretty hard to make sure my backups run "clean", so I haven't seen any "long" logs lately.

Sounds undesirable, if we can't see the whole log. Does cmd-L show full logs? If not, that's an issue.

Yes, I always review the logs with Cmd-L. A lot of the windows clients produce a list of warnings for system files etc. on the Mac server. I think it's a big issue, but nobody else seems to notice.

• 1 month later...

I just realized in my last post that starting with "Yes" is misleading. Yes, I use cmd-L to view the logs, it's the only way to view them all in one window that I know of. No, viewing the full logs with cmd-L does NOT display the full logs. I recently upgraded to 12.5 and it's still like this.

I understand your point about backups running clean, but many of the windows clients I back up spit off a bunch of common warnings. It's great that Retrospect differentiates between "warnings" and "errors" now, so I do what I can to keep them 'clean' from errors but still there's something about backing up a Windows client with Mac server that spews a good number of warnings.

It's still a big issue to me that I have no way to view the 'full' logs. It makes no sense that there's no 'advanced view' or 'expanded view' or some other option available to view all of the log.