Where's Waldo? Retro can't see member that's right under it's nose

Attempting to restore some files and Retro (v 12.0.0) can't find 7-SBBACKUP - but it's right there! It's asking to "Locate member or add a new one." I've always wondered what is meant by "add a new one"? What good would that do if there's no data on it?

I will likely start a rebuild media set action and hope it works. I've attached screen shots. Does anyone have a suggestion that would save the days needed for a rebuild?

Many thanks!

post-22702-0-75792200-1436538067_thumb.jpg

post-22702-0-44922000-1436538077_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

There is a problem with the directory hierarchy on that hard drive volume. The media set member that's in its proper directory location is member 8. The folder for member 7 is not properly enclosed in a "Retrospect" folder. It also seems odd that the volume itself seems to be named for an earlier media set member (member 5). Did you by chance make any changes or copy files to that volume in Finder?

Once Retrospect writes a media set member to a particular hard drive volume, it expects always to find that member on the same volume. You can't move it or copy it without incurring problems that will likely require a catalog rebuild.

Retrospect also may behave oddly if, when choosing a media set member, you try to select the folder with the actual member's name. Try selecting the folder with just the media set's name, or even (because the SBBACKUP folder is in the root directory) the volume itself.