peternlewis

Is 12.0.1 really out?

I received an update message in Retrospect 12.0.0 to update to 12.0.1 when running the Mac version on my normal Mac (OS X 10.10).

But on my actual backup Mac (OS X 10.8), when I check for updates it says 12.0.0 is the latest.

What's going on with that?

• Like 1

It's weird.  The updated Retrospect is telling me to update the server, and offering to do it (I suppose I can try that), but Check for Updates on the server is saying "Retrospect 12.0.0 (213) is currently the newest version available.".

This is from just now:

Retrospect-no-update.png

I'm confused.

Sorry for the confusion. 12.0.1 is indeed out, but we found a bug (#5427) in our auto-updates that prevents Retrospect from seeing 12.0.1 under certain conditions. (Specifically, when you run 11.5.3 or earlier then upgrade to 12.0.0 then try to update to 12.0.1.) This will be fixed in 12.0.2, along with a number of other issues.

Until then, download the new version from our Downloads page. Alternatively, for those comfortable with the command line, quit Retrospect and type in Terminal: 

defaults delete com.retrospect.Retrospect SUFeedURL

Then relaunch Retrospect and try "Check for Updates" again. Retrospect should see the 12.0.1.104 update.
  • Like 1

Is the Mac Client updates to 12.0.1 as well?  

Because even after installing the 12.0.1 engine and the 12.0.1 desktop app, when I export the client updates, it has "Mac_Client_Update_12_0_0_213.rcu".