Retrospect 9, proactive scripts randomly fail with status "Script not active"?

Anyone know why proactive backups randomly fail with the status "Script not active"?

I haven't changed anything—I just randomly get this failure. No way to make the script "active" again without completely rebuilding the script from scratch. Works for a while, then fails again with "Script not active". And on and on it goes.

Would love to have a reliable, working backup.

Thanks,

Kristin.

• 5 months later...

I'm experiencing a similar issue. The "Script not active" status appears in the Activity Summary, where active scripts have a green border around the icon and inactive scripts do not. One of my destinations for the Catastrophic Pro script is connected all the time; the other is in a secure location. They get swapped once a month or so.

Is the fact that the drive is always connected problematic for proactive scripts? This script is set to run daily between midnight and 6 am, and is not permitted to run early (whatever that means). Before today, I had set it to run only once a week and it was failing to do so.