Remote admin managment

Hi,

I'm new to Retrospect and couldn't find much info on this topic;

I'm considering buying an Apple Xserve for a backup server. According to the Retrospect system requirements any Mac will work, I just need to be running Mac OS X 10.1.2 and have enough system resources (i.e. memory, disk space). Which is fine, though the Xserve doesn't come with a video card and I don't see much info on how to manage Retrospect when you're not at the console.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cove

The Retrospect application or client can be installed on the server like any other application. In fact, Larry Zulch, our CEO, was quoted in Apple's Press Release:

"Dantz Retrospect provides world-class backup software for the Mac and all of our products run on Apple's new Xserve," stated Larry Zulch, president and CEO of Dantz Development Corporation. "We are excited that Apple has brought its industry leading ease of use to a powerful new rack-mount server."

Hi Irena,

Thank you for your response;

I actually saw that quote from Lary on the Apple web site too; but it doesn't really indicate weather the applicatoin (i.e. the backup server software) it is remotely manageable. So, would I still have to connect a monitor, keyboard and mouse to the server to configure it?

Cove

You do need to remotely access the server to run any program; Retrospect is no different. You'll access and administer Retrospect the same way you'll access and administer any other program or function that's running on the server.

Archived