'Merging" separte parts of a media set

I have been doing a lot of much-needed housekeeping, adding new storage disks etc, and I now want to move my current Media set to a new and larger drive. At present there are three parts to it, in separate folders on different drives. I am assuming I can move all these together to a larger drive and then 'point' the catalog and media set commands to the new location.

First, what do I have to do to ensure that Retrospect recognises the old media set in its new location? Second, is there any way to 'merge' the different parts of the media set into one folder - at present the folders say 1-Media Set, 2-Media Set, 3-Media set?

Thanks 

Thank you very much. I'll try that tonight

I've deleted a lot of quite large duplicate files from the source disks. Can Retrospect reclaim the space that they took up in the Media Set. In Time Machine I can ask to remove all backups of particular files. Will Grooming do this in Retrospect - from reading the manual I don't think so, so is there any way I can remove specify files from a media set?

If the files really were duplicates, they were copied once with a note to restore them (when requested) to two different folders. So no disk space is wasted in the Media Set.

Grooming is when you delete old snapshots from a disk media set. You can not delete individual files. And in your case, you don't need to anyway.

Thanks again - yes some of them were true duplicates but others were 'copy of...." and are now redundant, but from what you say I can't remove them individually. 

Just a quick query about Retrospect's approach to duplicates – If identical files exist on different volumes does Retrospect flag them in the same way as if there were duplicates on a single volume – I'm particularly thinking about Music files that might exist in iTunes folders on different machines.

Just a quick query about Retrospect's approach to duplicates – If identical files exist on different volumes does Retrospect flag them in the same way as if there were duplicates on a single volume – I'm particularly thinking about Music files that might exist in iTunes folders on different machines.

Yes.

This page is for the Windows version, but it's the same for Mac

Automatic File-level Deduplication

Retrospect maximizes storage usage by only copying unique files—even across multiple computers—to the backup media.

http://www.retrospect.com/au/products/win/features

Thanks again – you've been very helpful. May I ask you another question please?

I have not yet upgraded to V11 yet as I am not sure of the benefits but would it help in this?: I have a script where I copy catalog files off site after every backup and these files are now several gb in size, so would v11 only copy the new part of catalog files, making copy operations much quicker, or does it continue to copy the whole catalog file? Thanks