Did server crash hose Retrospect client?

Server computer: Mac Pro OS X 10.6.8, Retrospect 11.5.3
Client computer on LAN: MacBook Pro OS X 10.6.8, Retrospect Client 11.5

While backing up client, server crashed due to Firefox problem. Ret client's preference pane now has On/Off switch grayed out in "On" position ("Protected by Retrospect"). When I try to run the backup script on the server, nothing happens. Powered down both computers and restarted. No change.

Should I reinstall client?

Thanks.

When I try to run the backup script on the server, nothing happens.

That's odd. If you're running a regular (as opposed to a proactive) backup script, you should see some kind of error message in the log.

What happens if you go to the Sources window and attempt to locate or refresh the client?

A client reinstall wouldn't hurt. You should first uninstall the client and then make sure that the file retroclient.state at /Library/Preferences has been deleted before reinstalling the client software.

That's odd. If you're running a regular (as opposed to a proactive) backup script, you should see some kind of error message in the log.

What happens if you go to the Sources window and attempt to locate or refresh the client?

A client reinstall wouldn't hurt. You should first uninstall the client and then make sure that the file retroclient.state at /Library/Preferences has been deleted before reinstalling the client software.

Yes, I've been using Retrospect on and off for several years and this is the first time I've ever experienced this problem. Of course, my server doesn't usually freeze during a backup. (Not Retrospect's fault -- Firefox crashed.)

Uninstalled the client and erased retroclient.state. Reinstalled client. Refreshing client on server did nothing, so I deleted it and readded it. Ran script but nothing (again) happened.

Not sure what to do next.

Thanks.

Refreshing client on server did nothing, so I deleted it and readded it. Ran script but nothing (again) happened.

Do you mean literally "nothing?" Not even the usual popup that says "Source unavailable or in use" when you try to refresh? No error messages in the operations log?

Are you able to back up other client computers? If so, are they located in the same subnet as the problem client?

How are you connecting to your clients? Multicast, subnet broadcast, or direct IP?

It seems strange that you were able to delete and readd the client (which implies you were able to access it at that one time) but are then unable to access it again.

Do you mean literally "nothing?" Not even the usual popup that says "Source unavailable or in use" when you try to refresh? No error messages in the operations log?

Are you able to back up other client computers? If so, are they located in the same subnet as the problem client?

How are you connecting to your clients? Multicast, subnet broadcast, or direct IP?

It seems strange that you were able to delete and readd the client (which implies you were able to access it at that one time) but are then unable to access it again.

I think I see what the problem is: I can unlock each Media Set (there are 4, all on separate partitions on one hard drive) except for the one I'm trying backup to. When I enter the password, it won't unlock. Does that mean that it is corrupted somehow?