Version 11.5.3 for Mac Pro freezes machine during backup

• 3 weeks later...

I am running a 2013 Mac Pro on Mavericks (10.9.5)  and Retrospect 11.5.3 makes my Mac Pro restart after it finishes it scan and starts to copy the files to my LTO6 tape library. It doesn't copy any files.

Could you please describe all the symptoms and what actions you have taken. Also, how are you connecting to the tape library (i.e., what type, brand, and model of HBA are you using), and what is the brand and model of your tape library.

Have you been able to perform backups successfully in the past with this setup? If so, has anything been changed, such as new software or hardware? 

I have a Quantum i80 LTO6 (8GB Fibre connections) hooked to a SANbox (5802 model) 8GB Fibre switch. The files reside on a Promise E830f 8GB Fibre RAID. I have an ATTO Celebrity 8GB card inside my Sonnet xMac Pro Server enclosure which connect to the Fibre switch. The 2013 Mac Pro (Mac OS X 10.9.5) freezes and then restarts when Retrospect 11.5.3 starts to write to the HP LTO6 drives in the library. This setup was working fine on an Apple Xserve running Mac OS X 10.6.8.