Weird logged errors when running a local backup

I got these log errors while scanning and 507 lines of failures when backing up with the current version (details in my signature lines below). I verified the startup SSD (no errors there) and fixed permissions with Disk Utility. Afterwards the backup seemed OK. This was the first incident of its kind since the upgrade. Any ideas? 

Here is an excerpt from the log file: 

[showing 500 lines out of 507]

---------------------------------------

Performance: 812.8 MB/minute
Duration: 00:02:47 (00:01:53 idle/loading/preparing)

- 11/4/14 20:02:48: Copying Server SSD
Using Instant Scan
*File "/Volumes/Server SSD/System/Library/Frameworks/ScreenSaver.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ScreenSaverEngine.app/Contents/Resources/zh_TW.lproj/ScreenSaverEngine.nib/objects.nib": can't read, error -1,010 ( API request bad)
MapError: unknown Mac error 22 <readlink>
*File "/Volumes/Server SSD/usr/lib/libapr-1.0.dylib": can't read, error -1,002 ( unknown Mac OS error)
*File "/Volumes/Server SSD/usr/lib/libaprutil-1.0.dylib": can't read, error -1,002 ( unknown Mac OS error)

• 1 month later...

I am getting an 1010 API error also when trying to copy to a Tandberg LTO6 tape drive.

I am running version 11.5.2 (104) on Yosemite 10.10.1.

I have logged a service request.

It doesn't sound like the same problem but the API error suggests an OS compatibility issue.

Hi Stephen, 

Thanks for your reply. While the first error I got was an API error, do you think that the other two have the same cause? Never got an answer on my complaint to service and a bug report which I did at the time of my post. Have you heard anything further? I have not had another error since. 

What kind of Server machine and clients are you running? My signature has a complete list of the equipment (hardware) used here, with the versions of Software, OS. Since this happened once to me over a month (many backups) ago, on the local (server) machine, not sure what the cause might be. Good news, it hasn't recurred. I remember that I did have trouble loading up the Engine when I did the upgrade, so this may be a clue. 

Henry