franklinho

Update from 11 to 11.5 Console with heavy cpu load

Hi,

after updating to newest version my console becomes nearly unresponsive.

When watching a server the cpu load becomes 100% doesn´t matter which point is selcted on the left side.

It only falls down when i´m deselct the server and console shows the main menu ( add server, contact supp. etc ).

Is the Console showing 100% or the Retrospect Engine?

Can you confirm that the engine was also updated to 11.5?

Seeing the same problem here.  Initial launch of the console takes forever to sync past backups, etc.

Can we downgrade to v11.0 by just reinstalling over 11.5?

Any ETA for a fix of 11.5?

- John

Sorry about the CPU issues. When you have a chance, could you enable logging on the console? Follow our "Advanced Logging Options" KB article to find Secret Preferences in the Retrospect console, and check "Log Retrospect messages". Then restart the Retrospect console, launch /Applications/Utilities/Console.app to see the messages, wait for the sync to finish, and send us the log from Console.app. That will help us pinpoint what the issue is.

I downgraded to 11.  Will have to re-upgrade to do this.  What's the best way to get the log to you?

Note I do have a case open with support - #00032417 - but they haven't asked for this info.  Thanks!

- John

Ah, I see the ticket. It would be great to see the same log for your environment when running the 11.0 Retrospect console for a baseline to compare against. Attaching it as a zipped text file to the ticket is fine.

OK, well, I ran the logging, etc. with 11.0, and it looks like it's actually idling at 50% processor usage.  I attached the console log and Activity Monitor screenshot to the ticket.  I waited to upgrade/downgrade to 11.5 in case this info already provides enough to go on.  Let me know if you need the 11.5 info as well.