RetroEngine & server sleep

I run Retrospect on a Mac Mini server at home, backing up the server and a few other systems. I’d like to have the server sleep most of the time and just wake up when needed.

I currently have two proactive scripts and seven scheduled scripts. (I’ve experimented with disabling the proactive scripts via pause and disabling their schedule, but haven’t tried actually deleting them yet.)

It looks like RetroEngine always prevents automatic sleep, though (as seen via pmset -g). It doesn’t seem to matter whether scripts are paused or not, or what the schedule for proactive scripts is. I haven’t tried a great deal of combinations yet, and didn’t see any mention of this in the manual, beyond a brief note in the Retrospect 10 release notes that “Mountain Lion's new sleep routines” were supported as of Retrospect 10.

Is there any way to configure Retrospect so that sleep is only prevented while a backup is active, or until a scheduled backup? I could easily set a startup time in the Energy Saver control panel if Retrospect itself doesn’t schedule a wake time. It would be ideal if Retrospect could wake the server for a scheduled backup, then let it sleep again, but I’d be fine with just waking the system myself and leaving it up until backups finished and the system goes idle.

If I replace my proactive scripts with scheduled scripts, will RetroEngine let my server sleep?

I can force a sleep/wake cycle with Energy Saver, if RetroEngine doesn’t override a scheduled sleep, but that’s a bit awkward.