Restoring more snapshots at once

Hi Community,

we are installing a clone of our fileserver and we restore initial a full backup because rsync isn't that fast. One volume of our backupserver stores more data than we need in a backup and therefor we defined the folders to backup and the outcome of this are single snapshots for each folder we defined. We thought no problem because usually we are restoring only single files and not complete volumes but now we try to restore the complete volume but I'm not able to select all folders, only one folder resp. snapshot seems to be allowed. Did I miss something? Is the way we try to restore a complete volume wrong?

Thx & Bye Tom

post-14626-0-30848000-1405063112_thumb.png

If you backup a complete volume, you can restore a complete volume.

If you backup bits and pieces, you can only restore bits and pieces.

You can try to run more than one restore at a time, but I don't think that will work (as either the source or the destination will probably be seen as "busy").

You can always schedule 11 restores with a few minutes interval. They will run in sequence: As soon as one is finished, the next one starts automatically (unattended).

Servus Lennart,

If you backup a complete volume, you can restore a complete volume.

If you backup bits and pieces, you can only restore bits and pieces.

yes more than one restore at once won't work because the backup set is busy. The idea with the scheduled tasks is good and maybe the only way to restore more than one snapshot unattended. Now we almost finished the restore of these 11 folders but for the future it is good to know that there is a suboptimal process in our backup workflow.

Thx & Bye Tom