jweisbin

client volume locked or not writeable Retro 11.0.1

Running Retro 11.0.1 on a OS X 10.6.8 server, client is another server running 11.0.1 client. Trying to restore to a folder on the client server. Had no problems in Retro 10.5, now getting message that the destination is "locked or not writeable". Checked permissions and they are wide open.

server is Mac Pro quad core running 10.6.8, ATTO H680 card with HP LTO-5 tape (but restoring from a disk media set)

client is a mac mini running 10.9.2 server. Destination is on an attached thunderbolt array made by Areca

• Like 1

Check your firewall, and see if Retrospect is denied access. I forget how this works in 10.6.8... I think it's just a case of switching it off in 10.6.x. Also check the Mac with OS 10.9.2, and it's firewall, and allow Retrospect incoming signals to it. That's all I can figure, assuming you're using a network of course.

Check your firewall, and see if Retrospect is denied access. I forget how this works in 10.6.8... I think it's just a case of switching it off in 10.6.x. Also check the Mac with OS 10.9.2, and it's firewall, and allow Retrospect incoming signals to it. That's all I can figure, assuming you're using a network of course.

this is inside the office, client and server are both behind the firewall. Besides, it can back up from the client, so why wouldn't be able to write to the client? Also, this problem only surfaced in version 11.

Besides, it can back up from the client, so why wouldn't be able to write to the client?

Reading from the client and writing to the client are not treated the same way by Retrospect. Have you confirmed that the Retrospect client preference pane is configured to permit write access? If so, try unchecking that option, waiting a bit, and then rechecking the option.

Forgetting the client from the backup computer's source list and then re-adding it will sometimes fix client communication issues.

If neither of the above helps, try uninstalling the client software, trashing the retroclient.state file, and reinstalling the client.