Backup Exchange 2010 sp2 in DAG design witch Retrospect 8.5

Coil

Hello !

Almost 2 years ago, i tried to backup Exchange 2010, database and mailboxes, witch Retrospect 8.0.without succes.

it only worked with Retrospect 7.7 release, and only for the Database.

Now i discover the 8.5 release.

My Exchange 2010 SP2 is a DAG design, with 2 mailbox role on 2 server 2008 r2.

I followed step by step this link : http://www.retrospect.com/fr/support/kb/exchange-mailbox-backup-requirements

But i finally read that " 

If the client access server role is not on the same server as the mailbox databases, Retrospect can not access Exchange 2010 mailboxes."

Do you confirm that is still not possible to access to mailboxes with such a Exchange design i had in my company ?

Thanks for your reply.

i just received the answer from the Retrospect agent :

Reponse de l'Agent:

C'est exact, si le CAS n'est pas sur le même serveur que la base de données des boîtes aux lettres Retrospect ne peut pas accéder aux boîtes aux lettres dans Exchange 2010. Nous avons une demande de  cette fonctionnalité ouverte,  mais pas d'ETA sur si ou quand ce sera pris en charge.  Comme Retrospect supporte la restauration dans la base de données Recovery, vous pouvez restaurer vos sauvegardes sur une base de données vers une base de données Recovery et utiliser PowerShell pour récupérer les messages individuels / boîtes aux lettres.

he confirms that is not possible to backup mailboxes with a DAG Exchange design.

++

• Like 1