abb668b8-e67d-45d2-8fe4-b2a87dc2831e

Retrospect Server Backup Stalled - Execution completed Successfully

All of my Retrospect jobs say 

Execution Completed Successfully

inside of the Running queue.

None of the backups are excecuting because all the jobs are stuck in the Running queue.

Anyone else run into this?  I'll restart the server which should free this up, but would like to know if there are any solutions to keep this from happening in the first place.

post-45618-0-17031900-1390424126_thumb.png

Wow. I've never seen this. I have seen the engine stuck where it would not *start* pro-active backups, though. I restarted the engine to fix it.

This happened again today.  

Last Friday I rebooted the server in order to clear the Queue.  Came in today and all the jobs are stalled in the Running queue with an

Excecution completed successfully 

status.

I did leave the Retrospect client running on my machine over the weekend?  I'm wondering if this is what is causing the issue?

I bumped into an identical problem. My guess is your email settings are the cause. Try disabling both successful and unsuccessful email notifications and see what happens.

I'll give that a shot.  Although it doesn't have anything to do with my email settings.  There's quite a few bugs in Retrospect... email is one of them.  See this post where I successfully tested getting to my email server using the terminal and the same email settings in Retrospect.

http://forums.retrospect.com/index.php?/topic/150965-unable-to-send-email-from-retrospect/

Also, once this happens I can't just stop the retrospect engine and start it.  I have to reboot the server.

%