Roos

Retrospect keeps saying "Needs media"

Hi All,

I'm running Retrospect 10.5.0 (145) on a Mac Pro with OS X Server to backup my local server volumes and some clients.

I have 2 main backup scripts, one for a daily, nightly backup to a local hard disk, and one for a weekly backup to a hard disk which I connect to the Mac Pro every Monday and take home with me.

The weekly backup script runs without issues.

The daily backup script all of a sudden start to say "Needs media" even though the local hard disk with the media set member (1 have only 1 member) is accessible in the Finder and also in Retrospect itself. When I click "Choose Media" next to "Needs media" and point to the member and click "OK", it still says "Needs media". In the dialog for locating or adding a member it says "Use at most 3006 GB or 80 percent". The backup drive which holds the member has 3.23 TB available on the 4 TB hard disk.

Very grateful for any ideas!

Jaap

And in the "Members" tab in the "Media Sets" window, I'm seeing:

Space Used: 717.7 GB

Space Free: 2.9 TB

Space Total: 3.6 TB

So there should be enough space...

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I guess this is also interesting:

When I click "Verify" to verify the media set, I also get a "Needs media" message...

Many thanks Lennart, rebuilding the catalog file indeed took ages, but the backup is working again!! Thanks again for you advice. - Jaap