Questions about 10.5 - multiple engines, and 9.0.2 testing

Two questions about v 10.5.

First, I don't see anything in the release notes about fixing the confusion in the console when connected to more than one engine.  Were there any fixes in that area?

Second, I still have one customer using a 9.0.2 Retro, can I safely use the 10.5 console to manage it?

(Not asking for guarantees. Is this known to be *bad*?)

Thanks,

• Like 1

First, I don't see anything in the release notes about fixing the confusion in the console when connected to more than one engine.  Were there any fixes in that area?

In some earlier releases, the release announcement information would say something like N bugs fixed, but when I looked at the things fixed in the release notes, there would be M items listed and M was always considerably less than N. I've grumbled about it before and before that. The discrepancy may have been "fixed" by not mentioning N, but there may still be a good number of bug fixes in a release that aren't mentioned in the Release Notes.

In the earlier of the two posts, I asked: 'Is there any way I can find out what the "hundreds of little improvements ... [a]lmost 300 in all" are? Only 36 are listed in the Retro 10 release notes.'

Bdunagan replied to my later post with: "[We] exclude many more which are too technical, esoteric, or simply part of a larger issue, like the one above. That said, we'll keep our marketing more in check in the future." Perhaps the message has not yet reached marketing ... six months on. I didn't actually have my question about the "almost 300" improvements answered.