Sign in to follow this  
Ericfoos

8.5 client bind to address/adapter

I upgraded my client on Exchange from 7.6 to 8.5.

Removed 7.6 client.  Installed .NET 4.0

Rebooted.

Installed 8.5 client.

Need to bind the client to a different interface than it is grabbing.

With the old client you would modify BindListener in the registry but I am unable to find that value after the new client install.

Looked in the manual and searched but only found the BindListener instructions.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Since upgrading from Windows Multi-Server V8.5 to V10.0.2.119 I have had multiple clients that were also upgraded to V10.0.2.119 bind to the wrong IP address (usually on our iSCSI SAN). Working with Retrospect support we finally found that you shouldn't use -ipsave but use /ipsave instead. So the full commands would look something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Retrospect\Retrospect Client>retroclient /ipsave 10.10.0.??

I didn't need to restart the Retrospect service. This created the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Wow6432Node\\Dantz\\Retrospect Client\\6.5\\BindListener

This didn't happen to all clients with multiple IP, just some of them. I suspect that one's that worked wouldn't after a reboot until that registry key is created.

Since upgrading from Windows Multi-Server V8.5 to V10.0.2.119 I have had multiple clients that were also upgraded to V10.0.2.119 bind to the wrong IP address (usually on our iSCSI SAN). Working with Retrospect support we finally found that you shouldn't use -ipsave but use /ipsave instead. So the full commands would look something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Retrospect\Retrospect Client>retroclient /ipsave 10.10.0.??

I didn't need to restart the Retrospect service. This created the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\\Wow6432Node\\Dantz\\Retrospect Client\\6.5\\BindListener

This didn't happen to all clients with multiple IP, just some of them. I suspect that one's that worked wouldn't after a reboot until that registry key is created.

Funny, I was just going to make a similar post. Glad we got this resolved for you.