Upgrading 10.2 to 10.5 issues

oliviera

On a machine with Mac OS X 10.6.8, upgrading from the include console upgrade system always failed. It try to download more data than the actual file size.

ie : when the progress bar reach the end, it shows 'downloading 530/ 500Mo' and finally pop an error.

So I did it manually from Retrospect site, but now, only the console is in 10.5.0 (145), the server remain in 10.2.0 (201).

I don't know how to get the server in 10.5, there is no installation app for it. Check update from the console, tells me that the installed version is updated.

On an other machine with OSX 10.8, installation from the include console upgrade system worked fine.

I need my Retrospect OSX 10.6 machine to work.

Please help.

The 10.5 console should show an update icon next to the server name in the left-hand navigation that you can click to update that server. The server installer is bundled in the console. If there's no icon, just go to Preferences => Console => "Export server installer..." to get it, and then run that installer to update to the latest server.

Not sure why the download went too far. That's odd.