Problem on Scanning Source

Hi,

I'm running ok several backups, but this one last times started to give me problemas. When doing Scanning the CPU is about 300% and doesnt go beyond 300GB.

This backup source has millions of files and usually is the one that the snapshot (even if it is a small diary backup) lasts about 5 hours.

What should I Do?

• Like 1

I will keep the verify disk to my very last option.

Today I will:

- Shutdown server where disk is;

- Restart or even shutdown RAID Controller (The disk it self);

- Propagate Permissions and ACLs on Server Admin for that Share (reminding that retro will backup all over again - the BUG)

If that doesnt work, I have to think on that option.

Why? It's simple and doesn't take particularly long (it checks/repairs the file system's internal data structures, not every block on the device). If you click on the Verify Disk button in DiskUtility>First Aid for the volume it will check the disk's file system without attempting any repairs. Repair Disk will check the disk and attempt to repair its file system.

Why? It's simple and doesn't take particularly long (it checks/repairs the file system's internal data structures, not every block on the device). If you click on the Verify Disk button in DiskUtility>First Aid for the volume it will check the disk's file system without attempting any repairs. Repair Disk will check the disk and attempt to repair its file system.

Yes it's simple... but check my comment:

"I did that once and what i got was damaged disk, with read-only acess. I Don't risk do it again..."

Today I will:

- Shutdown server where disk is;

- Restart or even shutdown RAID Controller (The disk it self);

- Propagate Permissions and ACLs on Server Admin for that Share (reminding that retro will backup all over again - the BUG)

If that doesnt work, I have to think on that option.

Uncheck:

post-8868-0-24027000-1377679032_thumb.png

post-8868-0-58427500-1377679042_thumb.png

Yes it's simple... but check my comment:

"I did that once and what i got was damaged disk, with read-only acess. I Don't risk do it again..."

Select "Verify", not "Repair", to avoid trying to make changes.

Also see my comment above.