Restore Entire Source Volume for Mac Hanging in Queue

I had two computers's hard drives fail in the past couple weeks.  One a mac & the other a windows.  I was able to go into Retrospect and restore the OS volume on the Windows computer.  Process took a couple hours.

However, I'm having some issues on restoring the Mac OS computer.

I started the process yesterday, Retrospect said deleting hard drive.  I left while that process was still running, which was a couple hours.  Came back this morning and happy to see the restore had gotten 1/2 the way through, 80 GB into the restore.

However, the progress had stalled and wasn't moving.  I waited for a couple hours and no sign that another file had been restored.  I tried to stop the job.  The job would not stop.

Tried stopping the Retrospect engine.  Engine would not stop.

Went to activity monitor to kill the engine and was able to force quit it there.

I'm booted into a OS drive on that computer, restoring to another drive attached to the internal SATA connection.

Wondering if anyone else has had success with this?  

I'm trying to restore selected files & folders instead of the entire source volume.  It should be the same effect.

• Like 1