MacBook Retina Bottom Bar

fharczuk

I can't access the bottom bar on my MacBook 13" Retina.  It is under the dock and I can't resize it.  I have the display set in the mac's system preferences to "best for retina display".  If I select Zoom under the window menu in retrospect it maximizes the window and then I am able to see all of retrospect.

• Like 2

Even if the dock is on autohide, there's still a small band at the bottom of the screen that activates auto(un)hide when moused over, and where it's difficult to click on an application window.

Instead, you could decrease the size of the dock in System Preferences>Dock.

I have no problems fitting the Retrospect main window, the OS X top menu bar and my normal dock size onto my (non-Retina) MacBook Pro 13" screen, but my dock is forced to a smallish height anyway, because I have a lot of stuff in it.

Even if the bottom edge of the Retrospect window is hidden under the dock, the window can still be resized by dragging its top edge down, and then dragging the window higher, provided the window isn't already at its minimum height.

This isn't really a Retrospect problem - if any window is under the dock, then the part that's under the dock can't be clicked on. The only things in Retrospect that contribute to this problem are the fact that it has controls on the bottom (but so do other applications, even Finder), and that it has an unusually large minimum vertical size.

I'd rather not make a system change to satisfy one app (Retrospect), by changing the dock.  I am not able to change the vertical size of Retrospect, I guess it has it's minimums and I must be at it.  Funny when I click "Zoom" under the "Window" menu, Retrospect goes to maximize, and this reduces the vertical size of Retrospect and I have the buttons on the bottom this way.

At this point I am running it full screen, but this is definitely a Retrospect bug since all other App don't have this problem.