Restoring catalog files

Fairly new to retro. The previous people made a master back up. Not sure how to extract to ones I need.

I click on it and it won't let me retrieve it?

retro 6.1.138 on an imac. I have a file named "master back up" I get to where I can see the files inside which are the months of back up catalogs so how do I get the files that I want out ?

I'm asking for a description of what to do.

Retrospect backup data is stored in a backup set, which may be a disk file, or on removable disks, tapes, etc. The database of what user files are in a given backup set is stored in the catalog file for that backup set. Retrospect also stores a snapshot that records the status of each source as of the time of each backup, which greatly simplifies getting all the files that were on a given source at a specific time. Current snapshots are in the catalog file; you can recover earlier snapshots from the backup media. When you restore user files, you can either search for them (by name, size, source name, or other criteria) or you can use the snapshot to get a listing of all the files that were on that source at a specific time.

Retrospect is complex and powerful software. You need to spend some time with the User's Guide, available here.