Lost catalog files?

I'm restoring from the disk right now so can't run you thru exactly where. I go to tools maybe. I get a window that has all the months of backup in it. I click on the month I want, it open another window to where it says to select the month and click retrieve but the "retrieve" is grayed out?

Please provide complete description of the steps you are taking...

Rande, you haven't given us any details. There is no window called "Tools." The commend "Retrieve" doesn't restore backed-up files; rather, it enables you to retrieve a specific backup that no longer appears in the list of backups. (The backup list with only show the most recent backup for each source volume on a given media set.)

Please give us a step-by-step description of every button you clicked and what happened after you clicked that button.

I'm sorry, I'm in the middle of a hot job retrieval, I can't stop it right now. But this seems like a general question to me retro 6.1.138 on an imac. I have a file named "master back up" I get to where I can see the files inside which are the months of back up catalogs so how do I get the files that I want out ?

I guess if you can't answer this right now I'll check it out around 1:00 when its done. I have three more tape catalogs to restore so I would like to figure this out.

In the main window there is a menu at the top "tools" is one of them.

thanks

...retro 6.1.138 on an imac...

In the main window there is a menu at the top "tools" is one of them.

You posted your question in the Retrospect 9 and higher forum. Retrospect 8/9/10 has a very different user interface and different terminology than Retro 6. (Yes, the Retro 6 interface has a "Tools" tab, but that wouldn't be usable in the middle of a restore operation.)

You should repost your question with all the details in the Retro 6 forum.