Source reports still nearly useless

twickland

When attempting to use the Reports section of the Sources window, don't be fooled by the option to search by volume name; it won't work for any client. Why? The report search function only works for the top level in the Sources window; thus a search by volume name will only search for volumes that are mounted on the server machine. Similarly, unless you tag an entire source client or local volume and not just a client volume or favorite folder, your tags report will show nothing. I suspect this will not be considered a bug, but for those of us who choose not to back up entire volumes, or even just want to search by a volume name, etc., this "feature" is nearly useless.

• 3 weeks later...

oh... OH! damn, I've been jabbering on about tag reports not working on the forums for a while... and THIS is the deal? Good grief, who would tag an entire source? At one client, I have 40 laptops to backup - but only the user profiles, not the entire source! So the user profiles are favorites, and they are tagged according to what schedule they are on. Tag reports should return *anything* tagged.