Media Set error?

My normal backup, which I've successfully run for months, didn't start last night, apparently generating an error almost immediately. The log says:

+ Normal backup using ScriptName at 3/17/13

To Media Set MediaSetName...

soccClose: shutdown() failed with error 0

The media set is a file on a hard drive. The hard drive appears to be functioning normally and a Retrospect verification of the media set comes up with no issues. I also tried making a new media set on another disk and get the same error.

I can't find anything about this in the knowledge base. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Are you really using a File media set and not a Disk set? A File media set cannot span disk volumes; once the volume that houses the File set is full, no more data can be added.

You may have a problem where your configuration file is corrupt. Quit the Retrospect console, stop the Retrospect engine in System Preferences, and then drag the files Config80.dat and Config80.bak to the desktop. Restart the engine and launch the console app. You'll have a clean configuration and will need to re-enter your license information. Try creating a test script and see if you can back up to the troublesome media set.

When you reply with your results, please give us more information about your setup: hardware, OS version, Retrospect version, and how the destination drive for the media set is connected.