proactive backups dont show up in activities or 'next activity'

I've just created a number of Proactive backups which have daily scheduled times. Nothing shows up in the 'Next Activity' column within 'Scripts' or within the 'Activities' area

Everything is set to run - i'm pretty sure that i've done this in the past and everything ran fine, but why don't I see the future schedule. See the attached images.

post-49846-0-54488400-1363283704_thumb.png

post-49846-0-53648500-1363283708_thumb.png

The Retrospect Engine is what actually performs the backups. The Retrospect Console app is only a window into the engine. The console always takes a lot of time to populate with information from the engine. Sometimes it doesn't populate with everything until the engine performs an activity, and even then some information (such as a listing of the members of a media set that has not recently been in use) may still not appear. Quitting and relaunching the console app sometimes helps, but the only sure way to view all information is to stop and restart the engine. This behavior has long been an irritation.

thats good to know - though a bit rubbish that it doesnt show you exactly whats going on. Begs the question - if the console is looking at the engine and it isn't showing exactly whats happening right now, then what exactly is it looking at. Lots of things look at other things, like web browsers looking at servers, its normally pretty simple to show exactly whats going on at this second, unless there's a load of caching or just some random crapness happening.... :)

We do understand customer concerns about information in Console not being always up-to-date, and we have been investing efforts improving it with every release. This is not a justification, and only as FYI: Because Console is designed to be able to run on separate computer from Retrospect Engine, and because certain Engine information takes longer to retrieve, indeed there is significant effort within Console caching Engine information.