No backup in >1000 days

I have one machine that is falsely throwing this message. Logs show active proper backup, so I'm not worried, but the user is.

I vaguely remember some issue with this earlier, but can't find it in the forum discussions. Machine in question is a Windows 7 SP 1 running client 8.0.0 (165) and RS version is 10.1.0 (187)-the test build.

Thanks.

bdunagan-When can we expect the upcoming release? The cycle for fixed bugs and releases seems extraordinarily long.

Bug 3253 is not listed as being fixed in the notes for the 10.1.0 (187) pre-release. But then I've long been annoyed about Retrospect release notes that say <some-number> of bugs fixed, and then list <many-fewer> bugs explicitly. So 3253 may or may not be fixed in 10.1.0 (187). The only way to find out, I suspect, would be for someone in Retrospect to say whether it's been fixed in the pre-release, or for you to try it out and see.

On Jan 10, EricU ("Cofounder and Product Guy") said "Our goal is to have a minor update this spring and a major upgrade this fall. Both will include new features as well as significant improvements and bug fixes." So the update could be as late as May or June. If they're on schedule. :( That's assuming a northern hemisphere spring and fall. Where I am, it's nearly fall already, so maybe I'll get a jump on the major release. ^_^

Excellent point, the spring/fall distinction is biased to the northern hemisphere. :) The next release will be available this month.

The 1,000 days issue (bug 3253) actually had two parts: an interface component and a data component. The UI piece was fixed in 8.1.0.209 and 10.1.0.187 but was specifically in the client; its omission from the pre-release notes was simply an oversight, as that pre-release was focused on engine issues. The data component was fixed after the pre-release and will be included in the upcoming release. However, we'll only include the above bug in the release notes.

This highlights the other point: discrepancies between our bug counts and our release notes. I know you've brought up this difference before. We try to include all appropriate fixed bugs in our release notes, where customers have brought them up as issues in these forums or via support. But we do exclude many more which are too technical, esoteric, or simply part of a larger issue, like the one above. That said, we'll keep our marketing more in check in the future. :)

Thanks for your feedback. We hope to get the next release to you soon.