newbie - Lowering CPU usage?

Very happy to came across RetroSpect and I downloaded the 45-days trial MAC/WIN

As I have a Mac Pro 3.1 using BootCamp with Windows 8 Pro x64, I was wondering if I can just make a usefull backup of my BootCamp partition [WIN8_PROx64] using RS for MAC 10.0.1 (105)?

Haven't found the option to make a recovery CD/DVD yet!

Is there a way to configure RS v10.0.1(105) 45-trial version using a much lower CPU usage profile? During backup using 200% and it nearly freezes my Mac Pro 3.1 and at idle it still uses 100%, see images.

RS10_cpu1.png

RS10.0_cpu.png

Thanks in advance for your replies and I hope to learn a lot about RS from you all!

Cheers and greetings from The Netherlands,

Berend

Edited by BDMSTUDIOS

Wow, you are busy on a lot of user-forums lately :). The high CPU usage is a bug in the instant scan feature that will probably be fixed in the next release. For the time being you can disable this feature.

There is also a pre-release version available but I don't know if it can be used if someone is running the trial version.

• Like 1

We indeed have been tuning performance of Instant Scan (beyond the pre-release version) on our day-to-day production Windows PCs and Macs. Will share more specifics very soon. In addition to performance improvements, the upcoming version also makes it easier to disable/enable Instant Scan using the Retrospect UI.

• Like 1

Wow, you are busy on a lot of user-forums lately :). The high CPU usage is a bug in the instant scan feature that will probably be fixed in the next release. For the time being you can disable this feature.

There is also a pre-release version available but I don't know if it can be used if someone is running the trial version.

Yes, indeed Hof, just by buying an new Synology NAS gave my a lot of discovery and reading to do! B)

This is what I see in the instant backup tray-icon!

RS10_instand_backup.png

Or am I interpreting your reply in the wrong way?

Cheers