How to set up webdav as a backup destination

JamesOakley

I have just upgraded Retrospect Pro for Windows to version 8, and I'm looking for the advertised feature that allows me to connect to a WebDAV server and use it for a backup destination. I'm on Windows 7 x64, and the server I want to use is running Linux and has built-in WebDAV support through cPanel.

The question is: How do I do it. I've looked at the .chm help file that came with the product, and the search feature shows that there is no mention of WebDAV in the help file. A Google Search gave me a page that told me how to set up an IIS server to run this, but I'm not using IIS, and the server-side (the cloud storage server, if you like) is already set up.

Where, within Retrospect, do I go to create a new Backup Set whose storage location is in the cloud?

Where, within Retrospect, do I go to create a new Backup Set whose storage location is in the cloud?

To set a network location for a backup set:

- Under 'Configure' select 'Backup Sets'

- Click 'Create New...'

- Select 'Disk' as the backup set type and click 'Next'

- For 'Name:' enter what you desire then for 'Disk:' click 'Select...'

- Click 'Advanced...'

- In the dialog box that appears enter the path to the WebDAV location then click 'OK'

- Change the space allocation if necessary and click 'Next'

Hope this is of some help.

John

Thanks - helpful. I'll try that and come back here if I have any problems.

Have the help files not been updated to include some of the new features for Retrospect 8? I'm about to open another thread on Instant Scan, as I found a bit of help on that online thorugh Google searching, but nothing in the local help that is installed with the application.

• 1 month later...