Adding New Member will not happen

I quote rhwalker.

Please provide:

(1) complete version number of Retrospect

(2) complete version number of Retrospect Driver Update

(3) complete version number of the OS

(4) complete description of hardware being used.

(5) complete description of the steps you are doing

(6) complete description of the problem

(Especially number 5 is important.)

Thank you for responding:

1. 9.0.2

2. Don't know how to find this

3. 10.5.8

4. Apple RAID card, 2 1TB drives in Raid 1, Apple Fiber card, ADIC Scalar i2000 tape drive, 2x6 core 2.4 GHz Mac Pro with 12GB RAM

5. Make tape media set, name it, try to add member. Make copy media set utility script. The media set shows up as an option to choose but with no member added it will not run

6. Basically I cannot add a member. The process starts in Activities but finishes and no member is added. A few times it has named the tape correctly but it does not show as added in the members tab of the media set. In that case, I have tried to run the script but it says "Needs media".

Let me know if you need any more information. I will say that this process has worked in the past as I have other tape media sets that ran correctly so this is new.

I will say that this process has worked in the past as I have other tape media sets that ran correctly so this is new.

OK, what has changed since it last worked?

Is this with any and all media sets or just one? If just one, check the options and compare with the working set(s).

I don't use tapes in the Mac version, only in the Windows version. I never add tapes to a media set. I just make sure a blank tape is available (or the last tape when running the second backup to the same set.)

Nothing seems to have changed. I've tried making another tape media set and same result. I thought it says in the instructions that you have to add one member to the set and it will take it from there. Regardless, I've tried running the script without adding a member with same result. I erased the new tapes I inserted and what's also happened is it will name some Untitled and others it will list the barcode twice. I don't know what's up with that either.

Should I get in touch with Retrospect support?