Few Things

Hi,

I have a disk to disk to tape setup and I'm noticing a few strange things. When I look in the backups tab under media sets for that media sets it seems to only show the last backup that was made, not the previous ones. Im actually guessing at this because I don't see multiple backups in there for the sources. What is happening here? I really need to be able to pull from any backup that was made, not just the last one.

Also, when I dump to tape I noticed that only half the data that was on the disk media set was copied over even though I chose the type Copy Backup and the option to copy all backups. There is definitely a discrepancy between the data on the disk and then what is copied to tape. Am I using the wrong script?

The version of Retrospect is 9.

Thanks.

When viewing the "Backups" in the "Media Sets", click on the "Retrieve..." button at lower right to retrieve the older backups. Then you can restore the older backups.

Your tape drive is probably using hardware compression, which explains the difference in data size. Check the number of files, for instance, to compare between the disk and tape media sets.

Im not sure what you mean by "offline". All the disks are connected and operational. There are indeed multiple backups per media set as I can see the backups that have been created, its just the retrieve button is greyed out and I havnt retrieved any backups from these sets. What's weird also is there is a set that is running backups now that the button is NOT greyed out for, it's just the ones that are doing nothing at the moment. Perhaps a restart?