Client keeps turning off

The uninstall zaps your preferences, so I had a whopper of a backup! So on the second troubled Mac I just moved the client app out of /Applications/Retrospect Client up to /Applications (and deleted /Applications/Retrospect Client), and then just copied my /Library/StartupItems folder (there was none on the other Mac) to get the startup script in place. Since the client was off already, I just left it off and restarted - and the client was back on by itself! And all the prefs are there too, so I should get a normal incremental backup today! Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I changed from a Netgear wireless network to a dual Airport Express network (using WDS) and the problem with the client turning off appears to have gone away.

I upgraded to 10.3.5 around the same time, so I connected to my Netgear network for a few days to make sure that 10.3.5 didn't fix it. After a few days, the client quit responding again. I've been back to the Airport Express network and it's been going strong for about a week so far.

Very strange...

Archived