Backup to tape library hung on Retrospect 9

I'm trying to backup about 5 TB of data on my SAN to a quantum tape library. My backup script is stuck in the "Scanning" phase. It's gone through 4.6 million files and 3 TB of data but isn't proceeding. I found this in the log:

stucFinished: [QUANTUM|Scalar i40-i80|123G] incorrect scsiServiceResponse 0x70682630, scsiStatus 0x70682630

stucFinished: [1|1|1] transaction result 0x70694b9

My script had been working for several months but I haven't had a good backup for several weeks. And of course, now I'm having errors on my RAID array and really could use a good backup. The scanning process takes a long time its been running for 15 hours (not sure how long its been stuck, the clock keeps ticking but the filecount doesn't move).

My tape library is connected fibre to fibre switch. The retrospect server is connected fibre to the SAN that I'm trying to backup.

What does this error mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

stucFinished: [QUANTUM|Scalar i40-i80|123G] incorrect scsiServiceResponse 0x70682630, scsiStatus 0x70682630

stucFinished: [1|1|1] transaction result 0x70694b9

now I'm having errors on my RAID array and really could use a good backup.

Fix the hardware and the problem will (most likely) go away.

It seems as the RAID and the Mac can not communicate. Check the cables and interface cards.