Retrospect 10.0.1 released

This release fixes a of very specific bugs related to AES Encrypted media sets and Retrospect 10.

http://kb.retrospect.com/articles/en_US/Retrospect_Article/AES-Mac/

Release notes:

http://kb.retrospect.com/articles/en_US/Retrospect_Article/Retrospect-10-for-Mac-Release-Notes/

This update also fixes the grx.cpp assert error that can happen with grooming.

We are still working on those changes. The release yesterday was to fix a very critical problem for users of AES encryption.

Hi,

I ran into this issue. Could you please explain, how to verify, that the patched version is running after the update?

After deleting/recreating the media sets and a restart of the Retrospect Server, I receive the same AES Warning message as before.

Find in the log the same version number as before the patch.

Thanks

Henri

+ Retrospect version 10.0.0.174

Run the console *twice*. The first time you run it after installing the 10.0.1 version, you just get that AES-warning message -- which appears to block the notification to upgrade the engine.

If you quit/relaunch the console, you should get the prompt to update the engine to 10.0.1

(I reported this as soon as I saw it, too...)

We want to make sure that you have successfully installed the new Retrospect Engine before you try creating new Media Sets with AES encryption. You can verify the engine version by opening System Preferences and opening the Retrospect Engine. The correct version should show 10.0.1.105. If you do not see that version listed, open the Retrospect Console and click on the triangle next to the server name/address. You should then get a prompt to update your engine.