kerryd

What does the symbol of a yellow triangle mean?

After I do a backup it says the backup has been done but I see this yellow symbol to the left of this and I don’t know what this means. Would anyone know what this means. Is there any doc on symbols in Retrospect V10 and their meaning.

I haven't seen the log, so I can't tell.

I can just ASSUME that if it would have been serious they would have been errors.

Do you think they would be important or just ,,,,?????

Only you can determine that. If, for example, they are compare errors for files that were in active use during the time of backup, the errors are probably insignificant.

You may even find that backups marked with a red "X" are OK by your standards. For example, if you haven't purchased the option to back up open Windows files, you will get a red "X" every time Retrospect attempts to back up an open file.

I haven't seen the log, so I can't tell.

I can just ASSUME that if it would have been serious they would have been errors.

I would agree!

Only you can determine that. If, for example, they are compare errors for files that were in active use during the time of backup, the errors are probably insignificant.

You may even find that backups marked with a red "X" are OK by your standards. For example, if you haven't purchased the option to back up open Windows files, you will get a red "X" every time Retrospect attempts to back up an open file.

I have a Mac. However, i suspect i had some files open when I backed up the remote laptop and maybe even my primary desktop. I never see that yellow warning signs on restores (just tested the whole thing to make sure it was working) but no matter what kind of backup I was doing I’d see that yellow triangle but with a message execution completed successfully,

As far as I can tell, the warning symbol is primarily for files that didn't compare after backup. As Lennart notes, the reason for the warning will appear in the log. If the files that didn't compare are likely to have been modified during the backup process, you can safely ignore the warning.

• Like 1